Oh yes here we go again.
But don’t fight it, embrace it.
Here are a few essentials to ensure that Christmas goes with a bang and not a whimper :)
- Satsumas. Big, fat, juicy, mellow, delicious satsumas. (Not little, mean, dry clementines that the Supermarkets push at us).
- Bobble hat. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
- Batteries. Who knows what Father Christmas might bring? Plus essential for the TV remote. See #4 below.
- Radio Times. You have to know when Sherlock/Kung Fu Panda/Coronation Street*(*delete as appropriate) is on.
- Axe. You may need to
settle a few family argumentschop some more kindling to light a roaring fire (Health & Safety Notice: Coleshed recommends only lighting a fire if you have an open fire or a wood burner).
- Scissors: Essential present wrapping kit.
- Sellotape: As per 6 above. (note: other brands of tape are available – but hey we call them sellotape too!).
- Brand new bottle of port. Hide this behind the recipe books or else your friends & relatives will deprive you.
- Le Petit Chambord: Essential with Champagne on Christmas morning if you want to feel a bit special (and woozy).
- Letter knives: to slice open the piles and piles of christmas cards that only exist in your imagination. The truth is that you may get a couple of cards, but email and the price of a stamp has sadly put paid to this tradition.
- Holly and Ivy: A little festive decoration to cheer up your home on these dark, wet days. Traditionally scavenged from a neighbour’s garden.
- Cloves, Nutmeg and Cinnamon: Lovely warming spices… just think…mulled wine…honey roast ham….pannetone…..mince pies …..Lebkuchen…..rice pudding….pastries…. mmmmmm :).
- Callipers: Just in case you need to settle an argument over who has the biggest walnut.